I woke up to news of a massive earthquake in Mexico and hurricane Irma set to hit. Fires and floods. And that is just our continent. The verses in Mark 13 came to mind. Yikes! My eyes look to the hills. I think perhaps today is the kind of day we need to DO something to show the love of Jesus. So I've got a challenge for you (and for me). How about we see what kind of comfort we can spread today. Here is a five ways to give list. How many can you get done today?
1. Donate. (I'm going to post a few items to sell on local boards and donate to Samaritan's Purse.) Cash tight? Sell something. Share with those in need.
2. Say thank you. Write a note of gratitude to the fire fighters. To a veteran. To a pastor.
3. Be friendly. On purpose. Smile and say hello to someone in line. Ask someone at work if they are doing okay with all the bad news. Listen to their answer.
4. Break Bread. Find a way to share food with someone in your community. Grab an extra coffee, lunch, muffin and give it to a neighbor.
5. Love. Hug. Pat. Kiss. Wave. Call. Pretend you are five for a couple minutes and do some great gesture of love. My five year old tells strangers they look beautiful. They look happier than before she showed up.
The world is hurting. You can help.
I love Jesus. I think my two daughters can change the world. I think you can too.
Sign up to receive Mindy's Quirk-E-Mails